Fishing To Get Away From Crowds of Fly Fishing Anglers Blog- Murray’s Fly Shop
There are several tactics I use when fishing to get away from crowds of fly fishing anglers.
(1) When fishing rivers the size of the Beaverkill at Horse Brook Run, I wade across the river and fish up the far side. This same ploy works well on the Madison River at Slide Inn where I wade across the river.
(2) On small mountain trout streams such as the Crazy Mountains in Montana or the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, I hike in well away from the access points before I start fishing.
(3) Get to the streams at daylight or stay until dark.
(4) Avoid streams for several years which are written up in national magazines.
(5) Do not let rain or snow stop you from fishing.
(6) Enter the large rivers at the public access points but fish upstream.